Thursday 2 June 2011

I say: Belsay

Yesterday we had another lovely day at an English Heritage site: this time Belsay Hall and Castle in Northumbria. Since I paid for English Heritage I've tried to go somewhere every couple of weeks.

Belsay was super as it offered lots of different activities, including a perfect Jane Austen style hall




Then there were beautiful gardens, particularly the unusual quarry gardens




But the real reason we visited was the castle and the Time Traveller event where we got to learn Medieval etiquette. My son learnt to bow to Richard III and I was selected to be the 27th Earl of Alnwick's wife and be curtseyed to.



After learning etiquette my son learn to brandish a spear as a member of the English militia. The only downside? We found out that he doesn't like coronation chicken




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment