Sunday 5 February 2012

Snow reason to moan

There is one thing that unites the nation. Disunity. Particularly about snow. As soon as it falls you will see every social network going mad with joy / horror / indifference and people posting it's here / it's not here / why on earth are you telling everyone it's here?

I think the major reason is that there is something exciting about it. We are British: we are used to wind, rain and cold. But snow is different. Even the Scots (who yawn at English snow hysteria but secretly are just as excited. I know this, I lived there) don't see that much of it. My son has been really lucky to go sledging every year from age 6 to 9.

Today was a gorgeous day: powdery snow and blazing sun and we made the absolute most of it. For the record, as long as I don't have to drive and have the right clothes, I love the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment