Sunday 27 May 2012

Here comes the son

When I was swapping from thick winter duvet to much thinner summer duvet last night I found a pair of pink fluffy socks under a pillow. This must mean that at some time since I changed the sheets last Sunday I must have gone to bed wearing socks due to the cold. It's inconceivable after a weekend of glorious sun that this could be, but apparently so.

I've spent the weekend with my son. The last couple of weeks he's been at Cub camp and at his Dad's so it's great to have him to myself.

Saturday started with a trip to his school spring fĂȘte. Then we went to Armley Mills where his Dad had an art exhibition opening.

These are some of his Dad's works:









The rest of Armley Mills is well worth a visit, showcasing Leeds' industrial heritage




Interspersed with some quirky artworks like these wax shoes




Afterwards we headed to Headingley for our first visit to Shaky Jakes which makes amazing milkshake. He had aero mint and I had Dime bar. They were incredible







Sunday dawned blazing hot so we headed to Nostell Priory which is a lovely National Trust property. I am trying to save money for the next few months so we made a picnic




Before visiting the beautiful Palladian house and gardens.










My favourite part of the day was when we both lay in dappled shade reading Dodie Smith novels: me, 'I Capture the Castle', him 'The Starlight Barking'.

His favourite part of the afternoon was doing a Deadly 60 wildlife CSI trail to work out the clues as to which animal had raided a nest




Little darling, I'm glad the ice has melted. Here comes the son.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment