Monday 2 April 2012

Gorgeous Georgians

It's the Easter holidays and so every minute is important as they are my minutes. Additionally the sun was out and we had a new sat nav to try out. My son researched the two options of Conisborough castle and Beningbrough Hall and chose the latter.

Beningbrough is a beautiful Georgian house with great gardens and an amazing cafè. We sat in the walled gardens in the spring sunshine reading my book whilst my son read 'Black Beauty' on my new Kindle. He also played tennis with some of the games thoughtfully provided.



We also had a walk round the gardens which are great for kids as there are labyrinths to run around and secret dens inside bushes.






Inside the house they have a brilliant interactive portrait room where you get to Photoshop yourself into a Georgian portrait.










Finally, as is traditional, we had tea. I discovered the joy of fruit cake and cheese. Game changed.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment