Friday 5 August 2011

An irrepressible urge to hum the Dambusters' March

Swanage Regatta might just be the best free fun it's possible to have in this day and age. Today we sat on the beach at Swanage Bay whilst my son played in the sea and then got to watch the Red Arrows. I've not seen them since childhood and I'd forgotten just how amazing their tricks are. It was brilliant. And, if you know Swanage, the perfect amphitheatre with the bay sweeping around and the Isle of Wight in the distance.








Afterwards we watched the start of the adult wheelbarrow race (fancy dress, via a load of pubs with a pint/shot at each) and then had a gorgeous Italian meal. Finally we watched some music on the Promenade.

I am promising myself right now that I'm going to try to get to Swanage Regatta every year from now on and also attempt to get to Camp Bestival for the first weekend. Plan.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment