Sunday 25 December 2011

Beginning to look a lot like..,

I've been on this planet for 40 years and the one thing I'm very firm about is that Christmas just doesn't feel right in my own home. For me, Dorset is where I ought to be at this time of year despite the fact that I've not lived here since I was 3. Since my son was born we have developed a few Dorset traditions and I really look forward to them.

The first is going to the panto in Poole. This year's was actually hilarious.



Then, on Christmas eve, we catch the last Santa Special train from Swanage to Corfe Castle. Despite the fact that my son set out a very persuasive set of evidence as to the non-existence of Santa back in October he still likes seeing the old scarlet reprobate.









The trip is always notable for some of the most potent sherry this side of the NASA space programme. You could certainly get back to the moon with this in your rocket blaster.




My parents live in Corfe Castle village. I know I'm biased but I don't think a Christmas Eve walk is as beautiful anywhere else on this planet.







And, of course, today looks very much like I expect your day does.




Merry Christmas. And thank you so much for spending this year with me and my beautiful son.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment