Sunday 3 July 2011

Eton Trifles

Last night was a late one after Wimbledon and my exhausted son was straight off to sleep whilst I had the cheeky Pimms that I'd never got round to during the day.

This morning we got to have an English breakfast and then explore the grounds of the hotel to which our tour company had upgraded us - and very lovely it was too.



Then we were back on to the coach to Windsor. The last time I was there was about 1985 and I've seen some frightening pictures of what I wore that day on Facebook. I have to say that the security screening was very slow indeed and, by the time we had queued once at entry, there was no way I was queuing for the state apartments and so we just looked around the grounds.



Then we walked down to the river and wondered up to Eton and an opportunity for me to tut at the concept of public schools.




Now we are on the coach home listening to the Nadal v Djokovic match. How I wish we were watching it on Henman hill...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment