Saturday 2 July 2011

There are few things that will get me out of my bed at 2.30am. In fact, despite my travel addiction I don't think I've got up that early in 20 years even for a flight. But today was exceptional as I took my son to the final Saturday of Wimbledon.

The coach journey aside (squawking women from Sheffield hollering 'morning' at 5am and the fact that the coach company have exclusive rights to Cliff Richard concerts - dear heaven, let that NOT be my demographic) it was an amazing day.

The first view of the site was from the top of the orchard - or Henman Hill to you and me.





And there was a brass band and blazing sun to set the scene on the perfect British summer's day.

We had seats on number one court and saw a Briton, Liam Broady, narrowly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. All he needed to do was win 2 games in the second set, but, alas - no. Our seats had an amazing view.


Bet it comes as no surprise that this was our lunch:



Then finally my amazing Dad got us returned tickets and we watched the final set of the Ladies' Doubles on Centre Court - sat directly across from the Royal box.




Now, I'm in bed after having been awake for practically 24 hours and am going to have a well-earned kip.

Goodnight all x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment