Sunday 17 July 2011

What doctor?

This weekend we had the sort of treat that only a very special sort of person can truly appreciate. Now, how you emphasise that word 'special' very much depends on whether you know who Steven Moffat is and how you spend the early evening on Saturday nights and teatime on Christmas day. In this house Steven Moffat is revered and we never ever miss an episode of 'Doctor Who'.

Today my son and I went to see The Crash of the Elysium at Salford Quays in Manchester.

We had to sign in and sit in the really impressive new BBC buildings at Media City. Now, second only to Doctor Who in our house is the wonderful Horrible Histories so my son was also really excited to see this



and to get to disembowel a mummy and stick lungs etc in a canopic jar whilst being timed. No really.

We also got to meet a truly iconic villain



But the main event was The Crash of the Elysium



Which was described by its writer as follows:





So, what happened? I'm not going to tell you. It's a TOTAL secret and I don't want to ruin the immersive experience because I think every one of the 11 million people who watch it each week ought to go. All I'm going to say is you get to run and there is a fez. Fezzes are cool.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment