Wednesday 3 April 2013

Durdle Door

Durdle Door sounds to me like a place that could only be in Dorset: the word only sounds right pronounced with a burr on the 'r'. The problem with visiting it is that I'm quite unfit and I have spent most of my life being terrified of heights, particularly cliff edges.

When my son was little I wouldn't even try to walk on cliff paths but I had an interesting discussion last night about my risk aversion. I decided that the sun was lovely (even if the wind was keen) and we went to Lulworth Cove and then walked over the cliff top to Durdle Door.




Just how high the path climbs above Lulworth.




The beautiful bays with sea so turquoise it could be the Caribbean.




Durdle door from above




And from the beach.




Whilst we were there my son found this 20 year old love token.


Afterwards we walked into Lulworth Cove itself and saw this beautiful chalk sculpture


Which inspired my son to make his own







A beautiful day, a gorgeous place and I'm very proud that I didn't freak out about the heights on the cliffs at all.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment