Monday 8 April 2013

Good news on the radio

I'm in Cornwall tonight. The last time I was here I was a knobbly, sulky teenager who spent the week reading Lord of the Rings and eating duck. The thing about Cornwall is it's a really long way from just about everywhere in Britain (barring Devon). I was shocked to discover is was over three hours drive from Dorset, but well worth it.

Whilst en route Claudia Winkelman was on Radio 2 discussing how people get their kids to eat certain foods (grating courgette into spag bol etc) and my son sent this text in:




Claudia not only read it out but said it was the best text and called him 'sweet'. I'm so proud.
Afterwards we started our Cornish experience properly by stopping at Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor where my son had a pasty.








Afterwards we went to Padstow and wandered the town and walked down to the incredible beach.








After amazing ice creams in the harbour we set off for Tintagel. The castle has been on my bucket list forever but it's only in recent years I would have been able to control my fear of heights sufficiently to go there. It's amazing but precipitous. My son said it was the best castle he'd ever been to and, I have to admit, it's very evocative.












Today has been perfect.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment